What is CrossFit?
CrossFit is the principal strength and conditioning program for many police academies and tactical operations teams, military special operations units, champion martial artists, and hundreds of other elite and professional athletes worldwide. Our program delivers a fitness that is, by design, broad, general, and inclusive. Our specialty is not specializing. Combat, survival, many sports, and life reward this kind of fitness and, on average, punish the specialist. The CrossFit program is designed for universal scalability making it the perfect application for any committed individual regardless of experience. We’ve used our same routines for elderly individuals with heart disease and cage fighters one month out from televised bouts. We scale load and intensity; we don’t change programs. The needs of Olympic athletes and our grandparents differ by degree not kind. Our terrorist hunters, skiers, mountain bike riders and housewives have found their best fitness from the same regimen.
Content Courtesy of CrossFit, Inc.
Who We Are
We believe in helping our members reach their optimal fitness level, and we center our programming around the "EX" or essential ten physical skills of fitness...
1. Cardiovascular endurance - The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
2. Stamina - The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
3. Strength - The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
4. Flexibility - the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
5. Power - The ability of a muscular unit to apply maximum force in minimum time.
6. Speed - The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
7. Coordination - The ability to combine several movement patterns into one distinct movement.
8. Agility - The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
9. Balance - The ability to control the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base.
10. Accuracy - The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity
With over 10 years in the fitness industry and six in CrossFit, Gordon Jackson creates programming that is ever changing, broad in modality, and balanced in skill to optimize our training sessions yet scalable to the needs of each athlete (no matter their age, fitness level, or ability). Our coaches have the task of keeping environment where you can stay S.T.I.F. (safe area, proper technique, explode with intensity, and finally have fun). We are also dedicated to serving our members, local families, local institutions (school, city, places of worship, etc), and overall Smyrna community, so if you have an idea for a way we can be of service we'd be honored to help just let us know. We believe that being of service is part of duty.
If therefore there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion, make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose. Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind let each of you regard one another as more important than himself; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.